Desperate Remedies was launched at our Short Story Festival run by us and Tales of the DeCongested, supported by the Booktrust as part of Get London Reading 2008. We recorded stories and extracts read on the day and you can download them here.
For other audio downloads and soundbites from the Short Story Festival, see decongested.com
- Paul Blaney reads 'Cake'
- Adam Elston reads 'Letting Go'
- Mark Saba reads an extract from 'Thaddeus Olsen'
- M L Stedman reads an extract from 'Memento Mori'
- Guy Ware reads an extract from 'The Long Run'
- Shaun Levin reads a series of extracts from 'Specimens of Desperate Attempts: Sketches from the life and death of Isaac Rosenberg'
Tales of the DeCongested, Volume One
When Apis Books decided to publish Tales of the DeCongested, Volume One, there was some concern that the live feeling of the event would be lost.
Particularly with very short stories, there are overlaps with oral literary traditions, which live literature events, like Tales, are now beginning to explore and enjoy. To keep alive the particular pleasure of listening to stories, Apis Books decided to record the authors performing their stories from the anthology. They will be available to download here from 29th June.
- Patricia Debney reads 'After Last Nights Rain'
- Marek Kazmierski reads 'Wake'
- Katy Darby reads 'Naughty'
- Tadeusz Deregowski reads 'The Drive Home'
- Adam Elston reads 'Trapped'
- Farah Reza reads 'Jesus, This Is Heavy'
- 'The Day We Just Flew' by Nick Tucker
- 'Waiting For Superman' by Nick Tucker
- Melissa Bellovin reads 'Night, Aragon'
The stories on this site are copyright works and may not be reproduced in any form in part or in whole without the permission of the relevant author.Each author has asserted their moral rights.
Apis Books grants you a non-exclusive licence to download this audio.
You may not copy, reproduce, edit, adapt, alter, republish, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use this audio in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use.
You may not download, or use this file for the purpose of promoting, advertising, endorsing or implying a connection with you (or any third party) and the Apis Books, its agents or employees.
The Apis Books will not be liable for any loss or damage which you may suffer as a result of or connected with the download or use of this file.